The National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO), a small nonprofit, nonpartisan professional association of executive branch state budget and finance officers, has a full-time opportunity for a Fiscal Policy Analyst in Washington, D.C.
Join a dynamic team environment focused on advancing state budget practices!
- Tracking federal legislative and policy developments with a fiscal impact on states
- Writing a biweekly electronic newsletter primarily dealing with federal actions affecting state finances
- Performing research and planning activities for an ongoing project on the use of evidence and performance data in state budgeting and management
- Drafting issue briefs and blog postings on timely topics of relevance to state budget offices
- Responding to member research inquiries on state budget topics
- Managing and assisting with other fiscal research projects
- Monitoring state budget developments
- Maintaining website content
- Assisting with various administrative duties
Strong writing and research skills are required as well as strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Successful applicant should have at minimum a bachelor’s degree, with a strong preference for a graduate degree in public policy, public administration or related field. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is expected.
Salary & Benefits
Recruitment salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Competitive benefit package including health care, dental, and 401(k) plan with employer match. Opportunities to travel.
How to Apply
Please send resume and salary requirements to Lauren Cummings via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.