This position reports to the Associate Controller and is responsible for performing a wide range of complex accounting and financial analysis functions that support the Controller’s Office. College/University Financial Accounting experience is required.
The essential duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process accounting documents, maintain accounting records, prepare journal entries, accounting statements and reports and other related functions.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements and related supporting schedules.
- Reconciliation of various accounts to the general ledger, including, but not limited to, accounts receivable, payroll, benefits, payables, receipts and accruals.
- Manage fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Responsible for driving business process & procedure improvements within assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc analysis in support of the financial planning, analysis and decision making.
- Respond to inquiries from other departments to supply accounting and financial data, secure information on operations and problems, and provide advice on fundamental accounting practices and procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with the college’s accounting structure, classifications and terminology, as well as research, statistical and forecasting methods used in accounting analysis and management.
- Continually update knowledge of the capabilities of the computer applications used in the management of the college’s accounting system.
- Stay current with trends and developments in accounting pronouncements and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with two to three years of related experience.
- University or College finance/accounting experience is required.
- CPA and/or MBA is highly desirable.
- Requires a solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) along with established governmental and higher education standards, and applying that to a wide variety of financial, technical, managerial and operational accounting problems, including compliance monitoring and reporting.
Cover letter is required.
This is a non-union position.
Columbia College Chicago is an EEO Employer. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To view the complete job description and apply, please visit: