Assistant Finance Director – City of Oshkosh, WI
Offering an exciting opportunity in one of Wisconsin’s top communities, the City of Oshkosh is an award-winning, full service community in the heart of Wisconsin. Oshkosh provides excellent cultural, recreational and educational amenities, and is the home of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. Located where the Fox River enters Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh is a thriving community with a history of progressive, thoughtful leadership. The Assistant Finance Director is a key part of the City’s financial team.
The City is seeking a technically skilled and collaborative Assistant Finance Director to assist the Director in managing the department and a variety of financial activities. The City’s finance department includes 18 employees and is responsible for accounting, budget development, utility billing, financial reporting and investing. The City’s General Fund/Special Revenue Funds levy $75 million annually, and the department manages annually $50 million in debt funding the Capital Improvement Program. The city’s bond rating is AA3.
The City is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Have a record of problem solving and decisiveness;
- Possess a passion for public service; and
- Have a desire to work collaboratively with members of the finance team, and with other departments on the delivery of city services.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field; a Master’s degree or CPA is ideal;
- Five – seven years in a mid-level financial or accounting management position;
- Supervisory experience; and
- Experience, familiarity or demonstrable aptitude for governmental fund accounting.
The starting salary range is $84,000 – 90,000+/- DOQ. Candidates should apply by June 25, 2018 (open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRJobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City of Oshkosh is an Equal Opportunity Employer.