Members and friends, it’s time again for ABFM officer and executive committee elections!
This Thursday, August 10, voting will begin for Vice Chair for 2024 and for three Executive Committee members to serve 2024-26. The Vice Chair will serve in 2025 as Chair Elect and Conference Committee Chair, and as Chair in 2026.
The nominees this year are listed below (click here for complete bios/candidate statements). You will also be able to vote for write-in candidates.
Vice Chair (vote for one)
- Elaine Yi Lu, John Jay College, CUNY
Executive Committee (vote for three)
- Andy Crosby, Northwestern University
- Rob Greer, Texas A&M University
- Juan Pablo Martinez Guzman, University of Maryland – College Park
- Tatyana Guzman, Cleveland State University
- Julius Nukpezah, Mississippi State University
- David Schwegman, American University
An email invitation will be sent Thursday, August 10, to all active members as of 8am (EDT) on that day, with a link to the online ballot. You can check your membership status and expiration date on the member dashboard page after logging in. If you need to renew, you can do so from there.*
If you do not see the invitation in your inbox by Friday morning, please check your junk mail filters. Voting will be open from August 10 through August 31.
* Note that if you renew(ed) through ASPA after August 6, your ballot email may be delayed a few days, until we are able to get an updated roster from ASPA and record your renewal in our system. If you renew on our website, it will be recorded immediately.
Thanks for your support of ABFM, and don’t forget to vote!