The Association for Budgeting and Financial Management (ABFM) is a section of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA). ABFM aims to promote the professional development of budgeting and financial management in the public and non-profit sectors. Embracing both theoretical and operational concerns, ABFM addresses issues in budgeting processes and practice in financial management.
ABFM offers three types of membership:
A. Joint membership in ABFM and ASPA (please register through ASPA:www.aspanet.org )
- One subscription to Public Budgeting & Finance, Public Administration Review, PA Times, and the Line Item (ABFM newsletter)
- Membership rate to attend ASPA, ABFM and affiliated organization conferences*
- A free membership in one of the local ASPA chapters
- Annual fee: $55-$125 (student: $65 or $100)
B. Individual ABFM-Only membership (please register on-line on this website)
- One subscription to Public Budgeting & Finance and the Line Item (ABFM newsletter)
- Membership rate to attend ABFM and affiliated organization conferences*
- Annual fee: $50
C. Institutional ABFM-Only Membership (for agencies and non-academic organizations) (please register on-line on this website)
- One subscription to Public Budgeting & Finance, and the Line Item (ABFM newsletter)
- Membership rate to attend ABFM and affiliated organization conferences* (up to 6 designated employees)
- Annual fee: $150
Each type of membership provides unique opportunities and avenues to meet others in your area of expertise. If you have any questions, please contact Donijo Robbins at 616.331.6740 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
* All ABFM members may now register for conferences and symposia sponsored by the National Tax Association (NTA: ntanet.org) and the American Association for Budget and Program Analysis (AABPA: www.aabpa.org) at the member rates for these organizations.