Join us in Miami, Florida September 22 – September 24
ABFM’s 34th research conference will take place, in person, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Miami, FL, September 22 – 24, 2022. This year’s conference features a full schedule of panels, plenary sessions, receptions, luncheon, and a poster session for PhD students in the first two years of their program.
Online pre-registration for the conference is now in progress through August 23 for an discounted rate, after which registration return to regular rates until September 7th. There will be on site registration at the conference. Hotel reservations are coming soon. Abundant opportunities for networking will await all registrants in a CDC compliant setting. We look forward to an action-filled conference as we convene to share new research and rekindle old friendships.
Register now to take advantage of the lower rates for online pre-registration. We look forward to seeing you in Miami on September 22 – 24.
August 24–September 7)
Conference registration is open now. Click the image below to submit attendee information. From there, you will be directed to the product page, where you can choose your registration type and add it to your cart.
Refund policy for registration fees:
Refunds of conference registration fees will be provided upon request, to the same form of payment used to register, if the refund request is received by ABFM’s Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 30 days before the conference begins OR if the conference is cancelled. No refunds after August 23, unless the conference is cancelled. Refunds will be processed after the conference has ended.
Hotel reservations will be available at a discounted rate for attendees of the conference. A block-rate reservation link will be posted here as soon as available. Meanwhile, click below to see more about the Hyatt Regency Miami:
2022 Conference Schedule
- Each session is 75 minutes long.
- The preliminary schedule has two sections: the first is a Summary-at-a-Glance of the conference — panel titles, conveners, and room location; the second section provides details on each panel session including the titles of papers and the authors of those papers.
- Each conference room will have a laptop and projector. Presenters are responsible for having a copy (and backup) of their presentation. PowerPoint is recommended.
- The order of papers in the program may be adjusted by the panel chair. The ordering in the preliminary schedule was mostly the result of the order that papers were received as proposals to the ABFM website.
- A table will be available for attendees to display announcements of faculty openings, marketing materials for their program(s), and other information of relevance to those in public budgeting and finance.
- Another display table will be available for attendees to peruse samples of textbooks, journals, anthologies, or other publications of interest to those in public budgeting and finance. Please bring a display copy of publications for this table (with information on how to order a copy).
COVID protocol for 2022 ABFM Conference
In order to provide an environment that minimizes the transmission of COVID and follows the CDC’s current guidelines, attendees will be asked to observe the following precautions:
- All attendees who are medically able should be fully vaccinated for the COVID virus (voluntary compliance is requested).
- Conference participants will be advised of additional guidelines and appropriate measures to be taken, depending on conditions at the time, through emails and signage at entry points to the conference areas. Procedures will be modified as CDC guidelines and hotel protocols change.
The Association for Budgeting and Financial Management invites organizations and agencies to sponsor key events at its annual conference with tiered recognition based on sponsor contributions.
Save the Date: ABFM Conference 2023 — Oct. 26-28
ABFM will hold its 2023 annual research conference on October 26-28, 2023, at the Embassy Suites Hotel, Denver Downtown.